2013-04-16 ObjectAL 2.1 Released
- ObjectAL now supports Mac OSX as well as iOS
- Demo app now compiles for both Mac and iOS
- Reworked the action system to be more flexible when adding time curve functions
- Added source notifications, which call user code when ALSource playback completes
- Better multithreading support
- Many bugfixes
2011-12-17 ObjectAL 2.1 Released
- ObjectAL supports compilation with or without ARC
- Updated to compile without warning in Xcode 4.2 using CLANG
- Demo app updated to use cocos2d 1.0.1
- ALChannelSource now supports adding/removing sources, and splitting off and joining channels
- Better queue support in ALSource
- OALSimpleAudio can now be initialized with a user defined number of mono and stereo sources
- Many bugfixes
2011-02-19 ObjectAL 2.0 Released
Major changes (incompatible with version 1.x):
- BackgroundAudio has been replaced with OALAudioTrack and OALAudioTracks.
- ObjectAL has been renamed to OpenALManager.
- IphoneAudioSupport has been replaced with IOSAudioSession, with OpenAL loader functions moved to OpenALManager and OALAudioFile, and other utility functions moved to OALTools.
- SimpleIphoneAudio has been renamed to OALSimpleAudio.
- SoundSource has been renamed to ALSoundSource.
- ChannelSource has been renamed to ALChannelSource.
- SoundSourcePool has been renamed to ALSoundSourcePool.
- OALAudioTrack: Allows more than one background audio track to play at a time.
- OALAction: Allows actions to be performed on audio objects. You can configure ObjectAL to make all actions subclasses of cocos2d actions in ObjectALConfig.h
- OALFunction: Allows you to modify how a duration based fade, pan, or pitch gets applied in an action.
- Changed the file layout.
- SoundSource objects (such as ALSource) support duration based fade, pan, and pitch.
- OALAudioSupport has new properties "hardwareMuted" "hardwareVolume", "audioRoute", and "ipodDucking".
- OALSimpleAudio has methods to preload multiple sound files at a time.
- OALAudioTrack supports duration based fade and pan.
- OALAudioTrack has notifications for start/stop playback and for when the source changes.
- Audio tracks support starting playback at an arbitrary point.
- OALAudioSession and other audio objects can now be suspended manually
- New demo: Audio Tracks.
- New demo: Hardware Monitoring.
- ObjectAL can now be compiled as Objective-C++ if you want.
- Fixed crash issue when the first attempt to start the audio session fails.
- Workaround for compiler bug when compiling for iOS4.1 with LLVM.
- Fix for SynthesizeSingleton when using a nonstandard init method.
- Compiles with stricter warnings.
- Audio objects now have "volume" as an alias to "gain".
- Fixed bug that caused distortion when loading certain formats into OpenAL.
- Much improved audio session handling for various edge cases.
- Better interrupt handling.
2010-09-21 ObjectAL 1.1 Released
- Added realtime fading to ObjectAL and BackgroundAudio
- Moved "allowIpod", "honorSilentSwitch", and "ipodPlaying" from BackgroundAudio to IphoneAudioSupport
- Added new boolean switch "useHardwareIfAvailable" to IphoneAudioSupport
- IphoneAudioSupport now accepts a session category override for traditional kAudioSessionProperty_AudioCategory style category setting.
- Added compile-time configuration file ObjectALConfig.h
- All library calls are now synchronized (can be disabled in ObjectALConfig.h)
- Improved audio session handling
- Compatible with CLANG-LLVM 1.5 compiler
- Simulator bug workaround now disabled by default
- Various bug fixes
2010-06-12 ObjectAL 1.0 Released
- First GitHib release of ObjectAL.